Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Can do British Origins look ups

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Michaela

Michaela Report 13 Jun 2005 10:13

Please leave as much detail as possible

Tc

Tc Report 13 Jun 2005 10:42

Hi Michaela Please could you have a look on 1841 Norfolk census for Robert Linford aged 70, wife Elizabeth ? about same age, either in Ludham or Martham Many thanks Tom

Gigi

Gigi Report 13 Jun 2005 10:45

Hi Michaela, Could you please see if you can find a marriage on British Origins between George Hunt and Rebecca in c1810 in either Oxfordshire or Bucks. Sorry I don't know Rebecca's maiden name. Also any marriages of Slynns in Birmingham Warwickshire. Thanks, Gillian

Bill

Bill Report 13 Jun 2005 11:28

I would be very grateful if you could look for any details on the birth of my great grandfather Henry Aaron SMITH, born to parents in the British Army garrison in Malta, circa 1824. The birth year is based on a count back from the age on his death certificate, in Victoria, Australia, and could be out by several years. Cheers, Bill Sydney, Australia

Michaela

Michaela Report 13 Jun 2005 12:55

Tom, 1841 census Parish Martham, village Cess, Norfolk Francis Linford 50 Farmer Mary Linford 40 Robert linford 70 George Woolston 7. There is no Elizabeth of the same age There are other Linford families in this village can give details if you want them.

Michaela

Michaela Report 13 Jun 2005 12:57

Gillian, Sorry, there is no info on George Hunt in Oxford or bucks marrying a Rebecca Michaela No Slynns anywhere ( is it the correct spelling?)

Michaela

Michaela Report 13 Jun 2005 12:58

Teresa, Sorry no info on the mentioned names. There is a hugh Rea though. Michaela

Michaela

Michaela Report 13 Jun 2005 13:06

Bill, I can't find anything, sorry! Ps My brother's in Sydney

Bluesavannah

Bluesavannah Report 13 Jun 2005 13:15

Hi Michaela, Please can you do a couple of look ups in Bradfield, Yorkshire. Looking for the marriage of Levi Booth to Ann Cooke which will be between 1822 to 1832. Also of both their baptisms which will be between 1800 to 1805. Many thanks Claire x

Gigi

Gigi Report 13 Jun 2005 14:40

Hi Michaela, Thanks for looking. Yes it is SLYNN, my branch from hell!! They are very difficult to find! Gillian

Twinkle

Twinkle Report 13 Jun 2005 18:57

Thanks for your kind offer. Could you please look-up the following on the 1841 Devon census: George Wakeham/Wakenham, 26, stonefitter Sarah, 21, not born in county Emma, 1, not born in county Thanks in advance.

Carole

Carole Report 13 Jun 2005 19:06

Hi Michaela, could you please do a marriage look-up for William Morgan and Ann [Hannah] Vaughn [Vaughan] 1872 at Dymock,Gloucestershire,UK. Cheers,Carole.

Jane

Jane Report 13 Jun 2005 19:31

Hi Michaela I have traced my family back to Charles Kerley, born c.1823 at Yeovil, and his father was William Kerley, a blacksmith. By 1851, Charles was living in Southampton and there are no Kerleys listed as resident in Yeovil. I don't know whether you have access to the 1841 census to see if any Kerleys were living in Yeovil, or whether you have any other ways of finding out about the family. I have been stuck for some time, and would be extremely grateful if you could help me. Many thanks - Jane

Michaela

Michaela Report 13 Jun 2005 21:32

I'll continue looking in the morning..... just leave your messages Michaela

Gail

Gail Report 14 Jun 2005 07:00

Hi Michaela, Please can you look on 1841 Census ( Salford ) for a George Bleaze b.1838/39. Parents names were George and Elizabeth, Thankyou. Gail.

Gigi

Gigi Report 14 Jun 2005 07:54

Hi Michaela, Could you possibly do anotherlookup for me please? Francis George Slynn & Emma Hart Birmingham c1859/60, Gibon Rammell & Elizabeth Jenkins Cornwall or Devon c1862, John Jenkins & Ann Hicks Cornwall c1841. Thanks again, Gillian

Audrey

Audrey Report 14 Jun 2005 08:39

Hi Michaela, Thankyou for your offer, am not sure if british Origins will have this, I am trying to find the birth of a Daniel Hollins, in the Keele/Wolstanton area of Staffs with a father Isaac... From the various census and his marriage certificate I estimate it to be around 1825. I am trying to find the name of his mother, who I hope is called Sarah so that I can link him to the marriage I have found of Isaac. His mother had died before the 1841 census as she is not shown on there with the family. Many many thanks for you time and trouble, Audrey

Michaela

Michaela Report 14 Jun 2005 09:29

Claire, Sorry nothing Silly Sid, sory nothing Jane Gilliver, no 1841 census for Yeovil Lesley in Oz, no 1841 census for Lincs Jane Gill, Have found Richard Remington on 1871, but not 1841. Will give details if wanted ( not sure if youv'e got them already) Could not find a Samuel, but Kent isn't on BR for 1841 Michaela

Jane

Jane Report 14 Jun 2005 09:48

Hi Michaela Thanks for looking up the Kerleys. Could I ask you to look up another one for me? Robert Robbins was born c.1828 in Clerkenwell/Holborn area. In a later census his birthplace was given as St. Clement Danes, Middlesex. Thank you so much - Jane

Michaela

Michaela Report 14 Jun 2005 10:06

Twinkle, I can only find a George Wakeham, 25, Tailor, living on his own. Teresa, Hugh Rea was Co. Antrim No george's Thomas Mc Kinny, Ramoan Parish, Co. Antrim, date 19/10/1848