Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Lookups Offered - CLOSED

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 12 Aug 2005 09:48

I have access to Ancestry (UK and USA). I also have British Origins. I can search BMDs from 1866 to 1920. I don't have anything for Scotland. If you want a lookup, please post your request on this board - DO NOT SEND PRIVATE MESSAGES PLEASE. Please give full details - ie Name, DOB, Place (county at least). All replies will be posted here. If you want a copy of a census image, mail me your email address.

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 12 Aug 2005 10:23

The London census isn't on there. I have access to: Census records England & Wales Census 1841 Counties: Cambridgeshire, Derbyshire, Devon, Dorset, Essex, Gloucestershire (includes Bristol), Herefordshire, Lincolnshire, Monmouthshire, Norfolk, Nottinghamshire, Somerset, Suffolk and Worcestershire. England & Wales Census 1871 (All countes available on Ancestry) Counties: Glamorgan, London-Kent, London-Middlesex, Middlesex (ex Metro), London-Surrey, Surrey (ex Metro) and Wiltshire. Marriage records Boyds Marriage Index 1538-1840 Marriage Licence Allegations Index 1694-1850 Wills records Bank of England Will Extracts Index 1717-1845 Prerogative Court of Canterbury Wills Index 1750-1800 Archdeaconry Court of London Wills Index 1700-1807 York Medieval Probate Index 1267-1500 York Peculiars Probate Index 1383-1883 Apprenticeship records London Apprenticeship Abstracts 1442-1850 Apprentices of Great Britain 1710-1774 Court records London Consistory Court Depositions Index 1700-1713 Inheritance Disputes Index 1574-1714 Burial records Boyd's London Burials Index 1538-1853 Militia records Militia Attestations Index 1886-1910 Regiments: Essex Regiment, Middlesex Regiment, Suffolk Regiment and Suffolk Royal Garrison Artillery. General records and images Trinity House Calendars 1787- 1854 England & Wales Gazetteer published 1895 British Origins Library 7 collections, 18th & 19th centuries These collections are the first of many rare and we hope, interesting images and pictures depicting life in Britain in the 18th and 19th Centuries. The offerings include Costumes in England (18th Century), Coaching Days and Ways (1893), Something for Everyone (1861), The Universal Pocket Companion (1741) England & Wales Gazetteer Maps (1895) and the Pictorial Description of Great Britain & Ireland (1846). All include high quality images and illustrations. Do you want me to check any of those?

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 12 Aug 2005 10:34

I'm just trying to see which ones are in the same household :) FLEWER SAMUEL M 45 SUFFOLK STREET WESTLETON SUFFOLK FLEWER ANN F 39 SUFFOLK STREET WESTLETON SUFFOLK FLEWER WILLIAM M 15 SUFFOLK STREET WESTLETON SUFFOLK FLEWER MARY ANN F 13 SUFFOLK STREET WESTLETON SUFFOLK FLEWER HENRY M 10 SUFFOLK STREET WESTLETON SUFFOLK FLEWER JOHN M 50 SUFFOLK STREET WESTLETON SUFFOLK FLEWER ANN F 55 SUFFOLK STREET WESTLETON SUFFOLK FLEWER JOHN M 15 SUFFOLK STREET WESTLETON SUFFOLK FLEWER AROMIA F 12 SUFFOLK STREET WESTLETON SUFFOLK FLEWER WILLM M 31 SUFFOLK STREET WESTLETON SUFFOLK FLEWER HARRIETT F 29 SUFFOLK STREET WESTLETON SUFFOLK FLEWER EMILY F 8 SUFFOLK STREET WESTLETON SUFFOLK FLEWER CHARLOTTE F 5 SUFFOLK STREET WESTLETON SUFFOLK FLEWER CAROLINE F 2 SUFFOLK STREET WESTLETON SUFFOLK FLEWER ELIZABETH F 75 SUFFOLK HALFWAY HOUSE SOUTH COVE SUFFOLK FLEWER MARY F 13 SUFFOLK BLYTHING UNION WORKHOUSE BLYTHBURGH SUFFOLK FLEWER JAMES M 12 SUFFOLK BLYTHING UNION WORKHOUSE BLYTHBURGH SUFFOLK FLEWER JAMES M 25 SUFFOLK OLD MILL WESTLETON SUFFOLK FLEWER JOHN M 20 SUFFOLK WANGFORD SUFFOLK FLEWER MARIA F 8 SUFFOLK BIGSBY'S CORNER SAXMUNDHAM SUFFOLK FLEWER WILLIAM M 45 NORFOLK THORPE MOUSEHOLD HEATH THORPE NORFOLK FLEWER PHEBE F 35 NORFOLK THORPE MOUSEHOLD HEATH THORPE NORFOLK

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 12 Aug 2005 11:08

Eliza, do you think this is him? BARTLETT JOSEPH M 12 WORCESTERSHIRE FISH HILL, EAST REDDITCH TARDEBIGG WORCESTERSHIRE

Jennifer

Jennifer Report 12 Aug 2005 11:50

Hi Tracy, How did you go with your Highfield rellies?

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 12 Aug 2005 11:54

Hey Jen :) I've not had a chance to write yet. Been too busy with the wedding and everything. I hope to write soon though - if I can ever work out what to say lol How's your Mitchells?

Jennifer

Jennifer Report 12 Aug 2005 13:11

Still beating my head against a brick wall - but I have gotten back as far as Cornwall can't find any siblings along the way though. How is the wedding coming along - when now? Do you want me to do any follow up with the Highfields?

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 12 Aug 2005 13:19

Eliza, Charles Bartlett, 35, Needles? M, Yes Mary '', 34, '', '' Edwin ''. 14, '', '' Charles '', 13, '', '' Joseph '', 12, '', '' Arthur '', 11, '', '' Mary '', 9. '', '' Thomas '', 6, Yes John '', 5, '' William '', 3, '' Martha '', 1, '' I have no idea where the town is though lol

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 12 Aug 2005 13:22

Jen, I got married at the end of June. Went to Mallora for our honeymoon. It was sooo lovely. I didn't want to come home lol I think I need to write to the Highfields before I pester you for any more lookups. Thanks for the offer though :) Do you want me to help you with Sarahs family?

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 12 Aug 2005 13:30

It's possible his mother re-married, and on the census Joseph has his name. Sorry I couldn't find him.

Jennifer

Jennifer Report 12 Aug 2005 13:30

Congratulations Tracy. Only if you are looking or something to do. And boy do you have a great memory when you search so many names for others. Where is Mallora Tracy? From IGI - I have John Mitchell born Lands End, Cornwall abt. 1822 married Ann Buttay born abt. 1826 in Cornwall in 1847. Thomas Sethaniah Mithell was the only child I can find of this marriage. I only think he was born in Cornwall in 1847 because he married Sarah Ann McGraa in Cumberland, Maryport. I would like to know if Thomas had siblings? Thanks Tracy.

GeordieCath

GeordieCath Report 12 Aug 2005 13:31

Tracey, could you please see if you can fin any marraiges for these Margaret Hill born 1848 in scotland Christina Hill born 1853 in scotland Helen Hill born 1855 scotland Parents Charles Hill _margaret jaffery Cant find them on any census after 1861 in scotland but believed to be in northumberlands area as Robert born 1851 and William born 1857 can be found there. thanks cath

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 12 Aug 2005 13:32

Jen, I meant Mallorca - Majorca - off the coast of Spain :) I'll have a look see what I can find for you :)

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 12 Aug 2005 14:13

Jen, I'll have to email you later. I'm a bit puzzled by all this lol I'm not convinced the stuff on the IGI is correct so I'll keep digging. Did you order the marriage cert?

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 12 Aug 2005 14:20

Cath, I found them in 1871 (I think) Charles Hill abt 1825 Scotland Head All Saints Northumberland Sarah Hill abt 1823 Scotland Wife All Saints Northumberland Margaret Hill abt 1850 Scotland Daughter All Saints Northumberland Robert Hill abt 1858 Scotland Son All Saints Northumberland Sarah A Steel abt 1868 Scotland Granddaughter All Saints Northumberland Will see who married the Steel.

GeordieCath

GeordieCath Report 12 Aug 2005 14:35

Tracey , I have a funny feeling that this isnt my family i am looking for athough the charles margaret and robert all fit in .as the same family can be found on the 1861 census and mine can be found 1861 census scotland . Cath this lot are doing my head in

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 12 Aug 2005 14:44

I thought you might say that lol Do you have any idea at all if/when/where they married? lol

Jennifer

Jennifer Report 12 Aug 2005 14:52

Oh Tracy how wonderful - was Spain beautiful. We are lucky to have such a beautiul country here but I wish we were closer to Europe. I loved travelling. Yes I ordered the marriage cert. Thomas Mitchell and Sarah Ann McGraa married 18th Jan 1868 in Cockermouth. Both residence at time of marriage says Maryport. Thomas father - John Mitchell Sarahs father - Joseph McGraa I also ordered death certs for both. Thomas' says he was born in Cornwall !!!!!! Sarah has a sister - Esther Jane MGraa - a contact has told me that she was born in Maryport. Also have a marriage cert for Sarah's parents: Joseph MGraa and Isabella Stewart. They were married in Harrington, Cumberland. Thank you once again.

GeordieCath

GeordieCath Report 12 Aug 2005 14:59

Tracey , I am clutching at straws here . Charles Hill born scotland abt 1820 married Margaret jaffery born 1824 nov 1845 in lanark they had 5 children john 1846 margaret 1848 robert 1851 christina 1853 helen 1855 william 1857 they are all on the 1861 census in lanark except for margaret born 1824 can,t find no death for her on scotland speople so don,t know if she was some where visiting at the time John stayed in scotland as he can be trace on all census and he died in 1927 in scotland william can be found in northumberland robert also in northumberland 1881 and 1901 can,t find any of the others on scotlands people or england , if charles wife margaret did die did he remarry and if so scotland or northumberland . with this lot it might even be timbuck too sorry not a lot of help cath

Patricia

Patricia Report 12 Aug 2005 15:19

Hi Tracy, I'm trying to find Julius Kreutzberg ? born 1840ish in Germany and came to UK when he was in his thirties. He married Eleanor Smith who was born in India, but brought up in UK. Their children were Roland, Florence, Eleanor & Maud. I believe they lived in Battersea, London and Julius was a Jeweller. I've tried 1901 and 1801 on Familysearch website, but can find no sign of them. I would be very grateful if you could find anything on them. Kind Regards Trisha