Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Look ups offered for causes of death on certificat

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Cathy in Portsmouth

Cathy in Portsmouth Report 19 Aug 2006 12:07

Can do look ups using the following, Causes of Death and Old Medical Terms as recorded on Death Certificates almost 1,000 entries. And The Complete A-Z Guide to Early Occupations. P.S pm's welcome as i do sometimes take a while to check my thread! Cathy

Cathy in Portsmouth

Cathy in Portsmouth Report 19 Aug 2006 19:20

nudge x

Debbie O

Debbie O Report 19 Aug 2006 20:00

Hi Cathy, I think you helped me this morning with an elusive Blanchett ? Another Blanchett, Jacob, was a MALTSTER at his 1779 marriage in Wilts. Was it to do with Brewing Beer or more like distilling whisky please ? Have been told both by people. Is there a true definition of what he would have been doing ? Regards, Debbie O'

Cathy in Portsmouth

Cathy in Portsmouth Report 19 Aug 2006 20:20

Hi Debbie Yes that was me this morning! A Malster...a person who prepared malt for the brewing industry. Anymore let me know. Cathy

Debbie O

Debbie O Report 19 Aug 2006 20:25

Hi, Thanks ! I never know what to say when people ask me what that means, now I do... Thanks Cathy Debbie O'

Sarah wants a

Sarah wants a Report 19 Aug 2006 23:35

Hi Cathy I think we all know what it is - but could you tell me what your dictionary actually says for 'carman'. Many thanks Sarah

Cathy in Portsmouth

Cathy in Portsmouth Report 20 Aug 2006 12:48

Hi Sarah Carman - drove a vehicle to transport goods Cathy

Dennis

Dennis Report 20 Aug 2006 15:09

Hi This is from the Death Cert. of an 11 month old girl who died in 1886. 'Dentition Congestion (or Congertion) of the brain 14 days ' If you could throw any light on this then I would be very gratefull. many thanks

Cathy in Portsmouth

Cathy in Portsmouth Report 20 Aug 2006 15:19

Hi Dennis Dentition - Cutting eruption of the teeth Congestion - An excessive or abnormal accumulation of blood or other fluid in a body part or blood vessel. In congestive fever the internal organs become gorged with blood. I would have thought then that maybe due to teething the baby suffered blood problems in the brain maybe. hope this helps a bit. Cathy

Laura

Laura Report 20 Aug 2006 15:27

Hi Cathy, hard to read but hypocardial degeneration I think it says, it was an elderly relative if that helps, it also says profound anaemia. Cheers xx

Laura

Laura Report 20 Aug 2006 15:31

Hi again, can I be cheeky and ask for another please??? bronchopneumonia with diabetes mellitus, cerebro-vascular accident. Thanks, Laura xxx

Cathy in Portsmouth

Cathy in Portsmouth Report 20 Aug 2006 16:07

Hi Laura There is nothing listed for Hypocardial degeneration unfortunately but i would assume its something to do with the heart. Anemia - Occurs when the bloods ability to carry oxygen is reduced. Just going to look for your other one. Cathy

Cathy in Portsmouth

Cathy in Portsmouth Report 20 Aug 2006 16:19

Hi Laura Had to google the first two as they were'nt in the book! Bronchopneumonia - a type of pneumonia that is localized often to the bronchioles Pneumonia - inflammation of the lungs Diabetes mellitus - a disease characterised by persistantly high blood sugar levels resulting from an inadequate secretion of the hormone insulin Cerebro-vascular accident - A stroke Regards Cathy

Laura

Laura Report 20 Aug 2006 16:26

Cheers Cathy, all not vey nice ways to go! Thanks again x

The Hrt Man

The Hrt Man Report 20 Aug 2006 17:42

hello cathy is it possible for you to tell me what these symptoms are secondery carcinomotosis and i think it iscarcinoma of thyroid thanks gypsie

Cathy in Portsmouth

Cathy in Portsmouth Report 20 Aug 2006 18:01

Hi Gypsie Carcinomatosis - a cancer that has spread to distant places in the body so presumably the person had cancer of the thyroid poor person.x regards cathy

The Hrt Man

The Hrt Man Report 20 Aug 2006 18:33

thanks cathy that is a great help gypsie

Dennis

Dennis Report 22 Aug 2006 09:35

Thanks Cathy, a sad end to an 11 month old girl, there first born as well.

Familyfinder

Familyfinder Report 22 Aug 2006 10:08

Hi there-any idea what 'Leather stripper/Feather Stripper/Weather Stripper could be!! Under occupation for a male in Canada in 1922. on Marriage cert. I haven't a clue! Many thanks for the offer.

Cathy in Portsmouth

Cathy in Portsmouth Report 22 Aug 2006 10:39

Hi Devonshire Dumpling I have had a look and there are no entries under any of those. If i t is Leather Stripper i would think that was preparing the leather, getting all flesh and hair off, a very smelly job. I have Leather Dressers in my family and its along the same sort of lines. I did have an article about the leather trade and do you think i can find it!! Will keep looking and if i do find it will get back to you. Cathy Have just googled all the choices of occupation and Leather Stripper came back as Leather Dresser - preparer of leather. Let your imagination run on the other hits i got!! Cathy