Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Can Any1 Do Phone Directory Search Plzzzzzzzz?UPDA

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Darealjolo

Darealjolo Report 1 Feb 2007 16:42

i know i keep asking but well no one is helping me. im trying to find a deirdre pozzoli who married a michael rann in the 80s in enfield, she has been missing since 1986, plz anyone?? thankyou joanne

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 1 Feb 2007 16:47

You can look for phone numbers on the BT website, but you need to know the location. The best course of action would be to visit your nearest MAIN public library, where all UK directories shold be held in the reference section. Of course, if the number is ex-directory, or they don't have a landline phone, that will not be of any use. Have you thought of posting a message on the 'Lost Touch' pages on C4 teletext? As this woman has been out of touch since the 1980's, you have no way of knowing if she is in the UK...........if she has re-married.........or even if she is still alive, sorry to say. Reg

Heather

Heather Report 1 Feb 2007 16:48

Can you not look on BT's site? Have you tried B4U? Its an unusual name which helps.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 1 Feb 2007 16:49

I've just checked 192.......no listing in any categories for Deirdre/Deidre Rann Reg

Heather

Heather Report 1 Feb 2007 16:53

Theres a D Rann living N18 (Enfield) on B4U - just google B4U and then enter the surname and London and if its not her, try all the other possible areas. I think people are very helpful on here but when they see its something you can search yourself and free ...................

Darealjolo

Darealjolo Report 1 Feb 2007 17:01

hi all that replied, 1st i want to say i know whats free to search and what isnt, im not a newbie!!! ive looked on bt's site found nothing and also on b4u so i dont know how ive missed that Heather!! i will look again, maybe i need glasses but i have looked high and low, put messages on lots of different sites and so far not 1 reply back, if surname was smith or something else common then im sure id get loads of replies but with surname pozzoli its unlikely. joanne

Darealjolo

Darealjolo Report 1 Feb 2007 17:06

heather, n18 is edmonton which is near enfield

Darealjolo

Darealjolo Report 1 Feb 2007 17:06

yes so god knows where she might be, the 1 you found ive seen and i even know where it is, i feel like ringing but dont think a good idea really but i want to find out who is at that address somehow.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 1 Feb 2007 17:07

But the name by which you last knew her is Rann...........so looking under her maiden name may not prove very productive..........unless she has divorced and reverted to Pozzoli. There isn't really anything I can think of that anyone can do which you can't.......... Reg

Heather

Heather Report 1 Feb 2007 17:08

You could find out by looking at current electoral roll for the area. If you live in that area? the library should have it. After 20 odd years even her children may be listed independently.

Heather

Heather Report 1 Feb 2007 17:10

Its part of Enfield council district. Id expect a bit of movement in 20 odd years. Also, there may have been changes in her life, she may have divorced or remarried and have a different name. If you want to trace her, like Reg says, try putting notices in places for missing friends. I guess you tried FR?

Potty

Potty Report 1 Feb 2007 17:19

Joanne Have you tried putting adverts in Enfield local papers?

Darealjolo

Darealjolo Report 1 Feb 2007 17:27

reggie, she has divorced and ive looked to see if maybe she has remarried and no joy there.

Darealjolo

Darealjolo Report 1 Feb 2007 17:29

heather, yes ive done that and she isnt listed on there anyway but i have posted there and ancestry, no repies yet. also as far as deirdres sister knows there was no children.

Darealjolo

Darealjolo Report 1 Feb 2007 17:32

potty, no i havent done that, hadnt even thought of it till now that you mention it, so i can do that thanx bearing in mind she was last seen 20 yrs+ in enfield and she could be anywhere now, her own sister dont know where she is, which is why im looking for her as she asked me to as i like looking for people for friends and family, ive had a few good searches turn out good but this 1 no luck yet and id really like to find her for my friend as shes had a bad few years. jo

Darealjolo

Darealjolo Report 1 Feb 2007 20:18

sorry to be a pain people. jo

Jennifer

Jennifer Report 1 Feb 2007 22:39

nine telephone no's and addresses on bt phone book site in enfield area in name of d pozzoli.

Darealjolo

Darealjolo Report 1 Feb 2007 22:43

jennifer, thankyou for looking, do you have the details at all? they might be the 1s ive found aswell. jo

Penny

Penny Report 2 Feb 2007 09:15

How old would this deirdre be now? You know she is divorced- when did she divorce?-that will give clues as to when to look for a re-marraige Looks athough she was married before 1986, BUT i cant see it before 1983, (looked from 1979) Joanne - which ones that are mentioned below have you found?

Darealjolo

Darealjolo Report 2 Feb 2007 10:55

ann, the searches ive found on b4u was 11 but they all have 1st names, eg, david, doris but no deirdre, only 1 d rann comes up with no 1st surname in edmonton which ive noted down. deirdre got married in sept 1976 in enfield to a michael rann but i dont know when she got divorced, they was living in enfield at the time, shes been missing since 1986. she was born 26th oct 1952 so she would be 54 now, 55 oct this year. joanne