Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

BOARD CLOSED ** NORTHERN IRELAND ONLY 'Emerald

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AndreaFromYorkshire

AndreaFromYorkshire Report 3 May 2008 08:49

Can I do a look up for anyone on this site?

NO PERSONAL MESSAGES PLEASE.

I am not on computer everyday but WILL get back to you.

AC

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 3 May 2008 11:23

Hi AC,

Thanks for the offer, looking for the 3 if thats ok!!

I have the marriage of a
Nicholas Kearney - and Margaret Kennedy who lived in Millfield area of Belfast Antrim, the marriage was on 28/05/1875
Father of Nicholas also called Nicholas
Mother of Nicholas - Margaret
Margaret Kennedy's parents were James Kennedy and mother Mary.
I only have the christian names of the mother as no surname was given would love to know their surnames!!

They married in St Mary's RC church, Chapel Street and it say Area SHANKILL CARNMONEY
County CO ANTRIM

Nicholas Kearney and Margaret Kennedy had two children that I know of but I would love to find more, the two I have are Mary Kearney born 1878 and Catherine Kearney born 1880 both baptised in the same church the parents married in, I just have the baptism's of the two girls not their actual birth info.

I have also never been able to find the marriage of the parents of either Nicholas Kearney or Margaret Kennedy which would also I think have been in the same area!!

Betty

Treetective

Treetective Report 4 May 2008 14:46

Details of the following marriage in County Antrim would be very appreciated:

1857 Willliam PRESTON to Ellen

Sara

Sara Report 4 May 2008 14:59

Hi, can you help me with this one, i have asked another person to try and find these people but they can't trace them, can you try for me please this was the original message i sent.

Hi, would you be able to find any information about Derey and Margaret Monaghan, they were born about 1830 (rough guess),they probably got married in the 1850's i don't know Margarets maiden name, they lived over Ireland i don't know where, they had 2 children Mary and John who were born over England as far as i know.

I don't know anything else about Derey or Margaret, anything you could find would be great.

Thankyou

Sara.

AndreaFromYorkshire

AndreaFromYorkshire Report 5 May 2008 10:05

Hi Betty
Nothing showing in the marriage records.
Do you have Nicholas and Margarets birth year?.The parents can be traced from that.
Regards
AC

AndreaFromYorkshire

AndreaFromYorkshire Report 5 May 2008 10:08

Sorry Ruth
Nothing for May Cairns.
Good luck
AC

AndreaFromYorkshire

AndreaFromYorkshire Report 5 May 2008 10:11

Here you are Margaret:

Record Type Civil Marriage
Date of Marriage 8 May 1857
Groom Name william PRESTON
Bride Name ellen MCDILL
Church Ballymena Registrars Office
Parish Kirkinriola
Civil District Ballymena
County Antrim

AC

AndreaFromYorkshire

AndreaFromYorkshire Report 5 May 2008 10:14

Sorry Sara
Nothing
Good luck
AC

Teresa

Teresa Report 5 May 2008 10:51

Hi Ac
I am looking for my gg granddad Robert hyland or heyland or even poss higland!! many variants on the spelling, lived Moygannon, donaghcloney county down born c 1820. I am sure his wife was martha but cannot find birth or marriage for him. any info would be great
thank you so much
teresa

Isobel

Isobel Report 5 May 2008 11:21

hi ac i am looking for the birth of isabella sweeney fathers name james sweeney mothers name maryann doherty i think i think isabella was born around 1890 in derry /donegal any information would be very much appreciated thank you isobel

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 5 May 2008 16:42

Thanks for your help AC,

Sent you a PM.

Betty

Ruth

Ruth Report 5 May 2008 19:18

Hello AC, Thank you very much for your time searching. Regards

John

John Report 5 May 2008 19:44

Hi AC, Looking for a William McLellan(d) who we think came from Co. Tyrone - the only address for him mentioned in the 1901 census - but we reckon he was married in Strabane in the Camus district to a Nancy (Balmer/Barmer). Any lead you can find will be much appreciated.

Regards, John

AndreaFromYorkshire

AndreaFromYorkshire Report 5 May 2008 20:09

Sorry Teresa
nothing for Robert hyland(soundex used) & Martha
Good luck
AC

AndreaFromYorkshire

AndreaFromYorkshire Report 5 May 2008 20:13

Sorry Isobel
Nothing showing for those names
Good luck
AC

AndreaFromYorkshire

AndreaFromYorkshire Report 5 May 2008 20:21

Hi John
Nothing for William McLellan(d)s and only 4 marriages showing for Nancy Barmer - none of them with McLelland.
Sorry!
Good luck
AC

Isobel

Isobel Report 5 May 2008 22:01

hi ac thank you thank you for looking anyway regards isobel

Treetective

Treetective Report 5 May 2008 22:16

Thanks, AC. Sounds close enough to be the one I was hoping for - expected Ellen Madill not McDill, but think it is the one.

Sara

Sara Report 5 May 2008 23:17

Thankyou for looking.

Sara

David

David Report 6 May 2008 18:41

Hello AC

Really appreciate if you can help

Daniel McMillan muslin weaver was born in Derry around 1780, married Mary McKelvie in Ardrossan 1818, died Kilmarnock 1866. According to his death record his parents were John McMillan and Margaret Reid. Looking to confirm birth date and parent details for Daniel. Would you have any chance to do a check?

Thanks, David