Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Mary Heywood

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MizzyH

MizzyH Report 16 May 2003 19:40

Using the LDS site, I typed in my paternal grandparents' very unusual collection of names as I thought a marriage might be found and gave an approximate date and ticking the + - box for 20 years to give plenty of scope. I also tried several times with different counties around the one they ended up in, but still got nothing. Perhaps I should have just used surnames, not the full lot, as I've rather gathered less is more. Advice would be welcomed please. Also, which other site apart from LDS would be useful. I've also tried free BMD, but no luck there either.