Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Sally-Anne Ramshaw

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sally-Anne

Sally-Anne Report 30 May 2003 22:26

Thanks Beryl I will try that site and let you know how I get on. I may have been christened Sally-Anne - but I never use it! It is a shame that we need to put our birth names on here, instead of our 'colloquial' (Uuughh not sure of spelling!) ones when we want to chat. Is there a way around that I wonder? Regards Sally

Lynne

Lynne Report 31 May 2003 19:38

Sally-Anne My maiden name is Ford and my married name is Coakley but the site uses my married name. Is this not the case for everyone?? Puzzled of Sale!! Lynne

Vera

Vera Report 1 Jun 2003 18:36

In genealogy the woman is always written and known by her maiden name. Usually written as Edward Knight and Frances Booth )or Frances Knight, nee Booth). Admittedly this site can be confusing which is why I sometimes sign my name as Vera Bromage, nee Anderson. I print out the emails and write at the top the senders name in the same way then I know where I am, then I have them both. I think that Sally meant that people are addressing her as Sally-Anne as that is what is stated on the title. We shall have to remember and see who is emailing us and answer accordingly. Vera - as above!

Sally-Anne

Sally-Anne Report 1 Jun 2003 20:59

Hi Vera Yes that is what I mean! Only my mum calls me Sally-Anne when she is angry at me, and I am a mum of 2 and 35 years old!! Perhaps if we do get a chat board up and running those nice people at GC will figure out some way to give us a 'nickname' or 'alias' to write with! I like the new threads by the way, I just wish it was a bit easier to see which lines have new messages on them. Maybe similar to the way Names Summary works in that you can specify New Messages in say 1-14 days. That way the 'regulars' could set their own frequency. What does anyone else think? Sally Ramshaw, Coventry