Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

LDS Family History Centres

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Christine

Christine Report 3 Jun 2003 21:22

I have hit a brick wall in ny tree and I was wondering if any could one tell me if it would be worth my while visiting a local LDS family history centre? So far I have carried out most of my research on the internet on all the usual sites, although I have visited a local library to look at census records for 1901. 1891 and 1991. Do the LDS centres have civil B, M & D records? I am not that far from the PRO at Kew but I am not sure where I should be looking for info. Does any one hgave any suggestions. Thanks Chris.

Christine

Christine Report 4 Jun 2003 19:25

Thanks I will try to get ther on my day off. Looking at the other messages about the LDS centres it appears that they differ quite a lot from town to town. BY the way, my g grandfather was called William Williams and until I came on this site I thought that was quite unusual!! I haven't tried to research that branch yet, so I may be in touch one day! Chris