Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1891 Census for Co. Durham

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kim from Sandhurst

Kim from Sandhurst Report 4 Jun 2003 11:29

Does anyone out there have access to the 1891 Census for Durham, if so please could they help me. Am looking for address and children of John Walton age 58, wife Mary Jane age 44, they will either be in Shildon or Evenwood. If anyone could help I would really appreciate it. Thanks Regards Kim Price Sandhurst Berks

June

June Report 4 Jun 2003 15:15

Kim,There's quite a lot of the 1891 Census on the http://www.familyhistoryonline You do have to pay, but its only a few pence June,Preston

Unknown

Unknown Report 4 Jun 2003 16:31

There's a John and Mary Jane in Evenwood. Mary is 43 but John is 67, they've children Robert, Charlotte, Annie, John, Charles, James and Elizabeth. John's occupation is given as coal miner. Could this be the family? If so I'll email you the full details.

Philippa

Philippa Report 4 Jun 2003 17:29

GC(wont let me put address)look up durham records office on a search engine and get e-mail addy, i was looking for relations around there,and they were very helpful or you could write or phone Durham Clayport library Reference ans local studies dept Millenium place Durham City DH1 1WQ Tel No 0191 3864 003 Good Luck