Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1911 CENSUS - Everyone should read

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Suzy

Suzy Report 5 Jun 2003 11:51

Everyone should read Vera Bromage's message dated 3 June re the 1911 Census and the Government's refusal to release that census early. It is in all our interests to go to http://home.clara.net/denis.mccready and e-mail the Member of Parliament concerned. The more of us campaigning will increase the chances of a Government u-turn. Sorry Vera to repeat your plea, but it was getting lost in the long list of messages.

Rosi

Rosi Report 5 Jun 2003 12:06

I agree and p'raps we should also be campaigning for access to the 1921,1931 and 51 Censuses (censii?) too? The only actual law, if I have read things correctly, seems to be non disclosure for 30 years- so maybe up until 1971 - isn't that a nice thought. After all we can see electorals by visiting a FRO. Should keep us busy for ages! (no pun intended!). Wish somebody would put electorals on line - most of us, I think, would like to go forward as well as backward. Rosi

Sheila

Sheila Report 5 Jun 2003 21:04

Yes Forward is interesting if we want to look for members of the family who are still alive . To be able to do that would be woderful

Vera

Vera Report 5 Jun 2003 21:22

Thank you Suzanne for the reminder. I have sent my email message to Mr. Beith with a copy to Denis McCready as requested. I hope that we can make a difference. Vera, Manchester