Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Graylingwell Hospital, Chichester WW1

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kim from Sandhurst

Kim from Sandhurst Report 5 Jun 2003 16:56

Does anyone know how I can go about obtaining info on this hospital. My great Uncle was a patient there during WW1, any info would be greatly appreciated Thanks

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Jun 2003 18:14

Kim - l have just looked on Google and Yahoo for Garylingwell Hosp,no luck re history,but if you contact Chichester Library l'm sure they'll be able to help.Most probably a website for them - if not phone book.I used to live near Chichester,but don't know much about it,apart from the fact that they considering closing it down or have done!!! Good luck.PS after Google it should say Yahoo!! Jude (S.Wales)

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Jun 2003 18:16

Me again Sorry if last message was confusing - l was trying to say Google and Yahoo,but it would'nt let me. Jude Heather

Monica

Monica Report 6 Jun 2003 08:18

Hi, I grew up in Worthing and remember it well, it used to be a psychiatric hospital in the 70's. Try their number on 01243 787970, and look on google for more info. The addrees is College Lane.

Badger Bill, Worthing

Badger Bill, Worthing Report 6 Jun 2003 14:43

Graylingwell has been closed. Most of the site has altered. Try West Sussex County Council they have an excellent Records Dept.

Unknown

Unknown Report 6 Jun 2003 22:51

Hi Kim Have you found any info yet,or do l need to contact my elderly aunt - thing is l'll be on phone for an age,so need prior warning!!!!!! Jude.