Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Salvation Army

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

JessyG

JessyG Report 5 Jun 2003 18:45

Does anyone know if the Salvation Army can help with tracing families. My Gt Uncle has told me a few bits and pieces about his family but says they were all very big Salvation Army members and they'd be the best people to contact to find out more about them. I have tried emailing them but so far have had no reply.

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 6 Jun 2003 12:35

the salvation army sent me some forms through the post for a relative search. however there is a fee which is not cheap. i think they may waive this charge if you are on benifits but i am not sure about this.

Badger Bill, Worthing

Badger Bill, Worthing Report 6 Jun 2003 14:38

Not happy with Sally Army's way of doing things. They traced my daughter for the sister of my wife [died 1968] who had had no contact with us since then [deliberately], via her first husband's parents. Contact came out of the blue for my daughter, and upset her greatly, with her 'aunt' trying to be all lovey dovey. The no previous contacy was initiated by the aunt in 1968, because her mother hated my guts [because I would not tolerate her interference with the way we brought up our children][with love, not intolerance], so please be careful of using Sally Army - you may cause extreme grief for someone without realising it. Bill