Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

familyhistoryonline

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 11 Jun 2003 17:12

Yes I've used it. Very respectable site by a respectable organistion. The cost does vary depending on the number of search results or the type of information. i.e. Results from the Burial Indexes are 5p each, however you can only narrow results down to a year so should there be 5 x John Smith in that year you have to pay 25p to view them all. The search engine is good and the guy in charge recently said they were improving it as well. You can clearly see the number of search results and the cost before you view the results. If you register without paying initially you can get a good idea of whether there are records that will interest you.

June

June Report 11 Jun 2003 18:39

I have had success on this site when I've been up against the proverbial "brick wall". I cant wait for them to do more updates. Just one tip dont give up too easily. I was looking for my great aunt, it said "no record" so I looked for her husband, and there he was in the 1891 census, with my great aunt alongside him. Oh well they do say its a mans world. maybe it was in those days. Good Luck! June, Preston

Terence

Terence Report 11 Jun 2003 21:22

Has anyone used this particular site? The fees appear to be modest and you can search for up to 6 months. However the site doesn't say how much they will charge you to view a document as it depends on how much info there is available. Can anyone offer any information before I take (or don't take) the plunge and invest a fiver. Terry - Gibraltar

Terence

Terence Report 11 Jun 2003 21:24

thanks to you all for the replies & input. Will invest a fiver & see what happens Terry