Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

German ancestry in uk end 19th century

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Marilyn

Marilyn Report 12 Jun 2003 08:51

Am trying in vain to find my great-grandparents' marriage certificate, but it isn't in the Family Record centre. In particular I should like to find my great grandfather's birth certificate. I know the latter must be in Germany, but the only place I know for sure he lived there had no record of him. My grandfather was born in London in 1889, and that's the only positive lead I have. Any suggestions?

Lynne

Lynne Report 12 Jun 2003 16:11

Marilyn As you know when and where he was born, try FreeBMD and you should get the reference to quote when applying for the birth cert. Lynne Sale

Andrea

Andrea Report 13 Jun 2003 07:01

If you give me your Grandparents' names and dates of birth, I will see if I can find anything for you in FreeBMD. I transcribe for them so I have more access to the files. I may not be able to find anything, but we can try. If you have any idea at all about when they got married, let me know and I will see if I can find any reference to a marriage aswell.