Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Researching Sorbie surname?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Zoe

Zoe Report 20 Jun 2003 11:36

apologies if this is the wrong place to put this message up. I have a interesting article from yesterdays edition of my local newspaper which may be of interest to anyone researching the Sorbie surname. It features a couple of cousins who have traced the the entire lineage back to one village. If anyone would like it email me and I'll type it up for you. Zoe zoe (AT) nme (dot) com

Alison

Alison Report 20 Jun 2003 13:46

Hi there I too have traced all of my family back to the village of Wing in Buckinghamshire. I think that this is quite common as people did not move around as much in the 'olden days' as they do now - but perhaps i am wrong. How many other people can trace back to one village? Alison