Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

help

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

mo

mo Report 21 Jun 2003 01:16

i have been on 1901 census all night cant find family i am looking for. i know they were in lambeth in1901 for daughters wedding names are william cook and wife sarah edith.also thomas bettesworth and wife who i dont know name of, i have found the daughter and her family on1901 but cant find any of them on 1881 census any help would be appreciated as i am fed up of hitting brick wall

Andy

Andy Report 21 Jun 2003 02:08

There's a Thomas Bettesworth on the 1881 census, aged 34, living in Hinton, Hampshire. Would this be who you are looking for? If not then supply us with some more names & dates, if that's possible.

Andy

Andy Report 21 Jun 2003 02:21

As for your William Cook, have you anything more specific you can give us concerning either him or his wife otherwise searching is going to be near-impossible. Believe me, I know as I have several William Cooks in my tree!

Maxine

Maxine Report 21 Jun 2003 11:46

Hi Maureen I've done an extract from the 1901 census of Williams and Sarahs (Cooks that is!), if you send me a reply I'll email it to you. It shows which were together on the night, so it may help. Regards Maxine