Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1881 Scottish Census

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susan

Susan Report 24 Jun 2003 21:33

I have access to the 1881 scottish census and am happy to do look ups for anyone who needs it. Just give me as much information as you can and I will do my best. Susan

Crista

Crista Report 25 Jun 2003 03:13

Hi Susan, If you could help me with the following I would be very grateful: I'm trying to trace my grandfather's parents. He was named Alexander Dalkeith Riddle b. c1920 and his parents were Frank and Margaret Mary Riddle. I don't know anything about them apart from the fact they were in Portsmouth when he died in 1945 and my mum thinks Margaret might have been from Ireland. The name Dalkeith is very unusual and the only instances of it I can find seem relate to Lord Dalkeith. Since Margaret was Irish, I assume the name must come from his father's side. I wonder if you can find any other Riddles with Dalkeith as a middle name? I can't think of any other reason he might have Dalkeith as a middle name. A very big thanks in advance, Crista

James

James Report 25 Jun 2003 16:23

Hi, Susan I'm looking for info on my maternal grandparents:- JOHN MCTAGGART, probably less than 15 yrs old, living in areas of Coatbridge, Ayrshire or Midlothian ANNIE MORRISON, born Jan or Feb 1878, living in areas of Coatbridge, Renfrew or Kilwinning. May be connected with Wilson family. Sorry can't give any more info - all mother's family deceased or long out of contact. Would really appreciate any help but not priority item as i spend most of my time away from home Jim Pryde, Regina, Canada

Susan

Susan Report 25 Jun 2003 16:47

Jim , I have sen a message to your email. Crista i am still looking and will get in touch as soon as I have any information, Susan

Crista

Crista Report 25 Jun 2003 22:03

Thanks Susan. I hope it's not too much trouble. Crista