Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Your Family Tree Mag.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

June

June Report 28 Jun 2003 07:52

The 2nd issue has just dropped through the letter box. Thankyou everyone who chased it up. I'm now off for a cuppa and a read. June, Preston.Lan.

Graham

Graham Report 28 Jun 2003 07:58

Is this magazine any good please? The internet seems to be loaded with so much useful information )and a lot of it free too) that I find it hard to imagine what a magazine can do better. Graham

June

June Report 28 Jun 2003 20:27

Graham, I find the mags. interesting and I always find something that I didn't know,having said that they won't suit everyone. The best way is to go into W.H.Smiths and have a nosey (for free) and judge for yourself. June, Preston.Lancs.

BrianW

BrianW Report 29 Jun 2003 09:48

I just wish that magazines would get their publication dated into a logical pattern. For example: Your Family Tree latest issue is "August" yet it's out before the end of June and carrying adverts for events in July.

Chris

Chris Report 29 Jun 2003 12:13

I'm confused, I was under the impression it was bi-monthly.The 1st issue was June,this 2nd issue is August,but in the beginning of the mag it says Subscribe and get 13 issues over 12 months.Is it just me or what. Chris

Lynne

Lynne Report 30 Jun 2003 13:08

I haven't read either of the other magazines mentioned but I have just received my August issue of YFT and spent all weekend reading (therefore I now have to spend hours cathing up with GC message boards). I thoroughly enjoyed reading YFT and found every single article interesting and informative, although I am fairly new to genealogy so 'old hands' may find it a bit too intermediate. Lynne Sale CHS