Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Still Looking for help on 1851 census please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Marion

Marion Report 30 Jun 2003 23:55

Still looking to find GGGgrandparents George HARRIS b. c.1810 and Jane his wife b.1812 on the 1851 census for Trelleck Monmouthshire. Also John TREBY b.1842 son of John Treby Sergeant in Plymouth Constabulary. Need to find the other members of the family or any other information. Many thanks Marion, South Glos.

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Jul 2003 00:18

Hi Marion Me again, l could look in the morning,(off work) live fairly close by.Might be more succesful than the last info. Jude H. (s.wales)

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Jul 2003 13:35

Hi Marion l looked on www.census.pro.gov.uk and found a George Harris, l entered his age as 90 at the 1901 census.This is what came up: George Harris - age 90 Where born - Gloster Stowe Admin county - Monmouth Civil parish - Chepstow Occupation - bed ridden(Bless)!! I went into Monmouth library and asked to look at files on pc,they said this George could well have been the one,as boundaries where much larger then,and it would have cost me,after first being told it was free.Anyway she said Newport Library is free,don't know if you can phone or have to go in. Also found a Jane Harris : entered age 80 where born - Glos Almondsbury Admin county - Gloucestshire Civil Parish - Almondsbury Occupation - living on own means! This could be her,but they may have seperated. No luck with John Treby. Hope this is of some help.I can go to Trelleck sometime if you think it will help. Jude(s.wales)

Marion

Marion Report 1 Jul 2003 17:23

Thanks Judith, but the reason I wanted a look-up on the 1851 census was because George died in 1873 aged 63 and his wife Jane in 1886 aged 74, both as far as I know were from Whitelye, Trelleck but would like to find his ancestors. Have details of Jane's (Richards) ancestors but not George.Kind of you though to go into Monmouth. Marion

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Jul 2003 23:05

Hi Marion Sorry about that,if l can help in any other way,let me know. Jude.