Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Yippeeee!!! Keep the faith!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Andrea

Andrea Report 1 Jul 2003 16:21

Just like to send out a message to all of you that feel like you are banging your head against a brick wall and feel like quitting - DON'T!! I have been at that stage for several weeks now and then in the space of a week I have found 16 new people and got back from 1902 to 1849 and I am BUZZZZZZZING!!!! I plagued my poor Mother for as many details as she knew (again) and made a discovery and things have just snowballed since then. I went on the 1901 Census site and paid a fiver and struck gold. Only thing is, now I have even more people to work on....!! I just thought I would let you all know about my success as I come on here every time I get stuck so - a huge thanks to everyone that has helped me get this far and stopped me from quitting.

Elisabeth

Elisabeth Report 1 Jul 2003 16:23

Andrea, I am really thrilled for you. Fantastic news. Keep up the good work!!! Elisabeth

Terence

Terence Report 1 Jul 2003 19:39

Mucho congrats !!!!!!! Terry - Gibraltar

Andrea

Andrea Report 2 Jul 2003 11:34

It would appear I was a bit dumb yesterday. I thought I had found 16 people but it has turned out to be a few less. I hadn't realised that "Kate" was "Catherine" (which would explain why she was missing!!), "Eliza" was "Elizabeth" and "Betsy" was also "Elizabeth" - but I did realise that "Anna" - was "Hannah"!! You have got to be REALLY careful with these name changes. It would be so much easier to do this if they had given their full names for the census instead of their shortened forms! And if the person writing the records could spell; - I have gone from Fuery to Furey to Furay to Fury and now to Furry!!! Which name am I supposed to enter them under for the family tree on here?! Maybe "Katherine-Kate-Catherine Fuery-Furey-Furay-Fury-Furry" to cover all eventualities?!?!?!?!?!?!