Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1837online - frustrations!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 4 Jul 2003 16:08

Hi, Has anyone else suffered the problems with this site that I have. First, yesterday it refused to take my payment, so I emailed them. Apologies received today with assurance that the problem was solved. Today it took my payment of £5 but now I can't get into the search. I get as far as registering and logging on and welcome. Then I put in the search details, I get the basic results up but when I click to view I get shunted to the page that says I have either gone in by the wrong rout (I haven@t) or that I have not enabled cookies (I have). It is so frustrating and time consuming so I have now had to e mail them again. I also downloaded the 'viewer required so it isn't that. Any suggestions anyone? (Besides a good scream!!!) Ann Thanks for all the tips but it still doesn't work. we have done as you say Brian, and it is clearly installed. Where does it say to unzip Lynne? We couldn't see that. Maybe it isn't the viewer plug in at all but something else. They say they will phone me so I shall have to wait until Monday and see. It is very strange and we have never had trouble with a programme before. Oh well! Maybe a G&T will solve all my problems!! Ann

Lynne

Lynne Report 4 Jul 2003 18:11

This may seem like a stupid question but when you downloaded the viewer did you unzip it? Lynne Sale CHS

BrianW

BrianW Report 4 Jul 2003 18:29

I had the same problem with the viewer. Try deleting temporary internet files (through tools) and re-downloading but using the manual installation option rather than the autoinstall.

Graham

Graham Report 4 Jul 2003 20:38

My recollection of the viewer installation was that you got to see a test page which verified correct installation. Graham