Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

HARTFORD BRIDGE BLACK BUSH

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Baby

Baby Report 9 Jul 2003 09:35

Can anyone give me any info on this place when it was RAF?Anyone know where the injured would have been taken?Any thing how ever small please let me know.Regards Christine.

Ruth

Ruth Report 9 Jul 2003 10:57

I'm afraid i don't know any specifics but have you ried looking under the town on Genuki UK? If it's Hampshire then Harfordbridge is all one word (I know because an ancestor was born there)

Crista

Crista Report 9 Jul 2003 11:03

Christine, Hartford Bridge Airport was renamed Blackbushe and was opened in 1942. The only hospital I can think of would be the Cambridge Military Hospital in Aldershot. Crista

Unknown

Unknown Report 9 Jul 2003 11:39

Hi Christine, Blackbushe Airport is not far off the M3 near Camberley/Farnborough. Its main claim to fame these days is that it is the venue for vehicle auctions. The place to go for an old Saracen Armoured car or a superannuated Police car. Jim

Terence

Terence Report 9 Jul 2003 11:46

RAF Ely in Cambs used to be one of the main RAF Hospitals. Don't know if that's any use to you. Terry

Baby

Baby Report 17 Jul 2003 14:26

Thanks to everyone for your reply,every small bit of info is helping me to complete the jigsaw.Regards Christine.