Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

LORRAINE SQUADRON 23 &342(FRENCH)SQ RAF

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Baby

Baby Report 10 Jul 2003 09:34

Any info on either of these squadron's will help me in my search,how ever small,are there any crew members out there,can anyone tell me how I can get full list of crew members.Thanks so much.Christne.

Terence

Terence Report 10 Jul 2003 09:48

Hi Christine Just type Lorraine Squadron RAF on to Google and you will get loads of info about this particular RAF Squadron. Terry - Gibraltar

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 10 Jul 2003 16:43

They were based at RAF Salthorpe. But Google will give you lots of sites. I found them on www.raf.mod.uk/bombercommand/stations/s22.html -9k Ann Glos

Baby

Baby Report 17 Jul 2003 13:59

Thanks to everyone for your reply,every small bit of info is helping me to complete the jigsaw.Regards Christine.

Martin

Martin Report 17 Jul 2003 19:17

Try the message board at <http://> <www.> <rafcommands.> <currantbun.> <com/home.html> (Sorry as usual Genes Connected corrupted the URL - getting verfy fed with their policy!) There is also a page which links to information on squadron movements. If you can the find the names of any airfields that they were based at then look up in the appropriate volume of the Action Station series of books. Flypast magazine recently published a directory of squadron associations. I will look them up and send any details direct to you Martin

Unknown

Unknown Report 18 Jul 2003 20:52

Christine Some time ago l looked at Sqd sites,this one www.stable.demon(.)co(.)uk (remove the brackets) gave all the sqds,l have the list and 342 Lorraine is on there.I used the email facility on the site and he told me some details on 63 sqn which my dad was in.Good luck. Jude(s.wales)