Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Annie in

Annie in Report 16 Jul 2003 21:38

Trying to find any census records for James Tafe who was b.1855 in Ireland[cork?]There are two on the 1881 census but neither were born in Ireland. Possibly he was still there. He married Sarah Selina Hanlon[nee Samuels]in 1884 and their son,also James was born later that year.Other children were David and Thomas,and also Sarah's two from her first marriage;peter[1877]and Hugh[1880]Hanlon.I do not have a name index for the 1891,but they are not at any of the addresses i have for them in west derby/Liverpool. As for the 1901 census,well,none of them existed at all!!![I have Sarah and her family on 1881]So where are they? I have tried all the varient spellings that I could think of on 1881 and 1901 to no avail. Has anyone any ideas?