Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Sandhurst

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ginny

Ginny Report 17 Jul 2003 01:54

Apparently my grandfather was an instructor here. Does anyone know if the records are accessible?

Kim from Sandhurst

Kim from Sandhurst Report 17 Jul 2003 09:02

Virginia, I don't know if the records are accessible, and I don't know how far away you from Sandhurst, but my house backs onto the Academy and they are having a heritage weekend there very soon, maybe worth a trip if you are not too far, I'll check the dates if you are interested. Kim Sandhurst

Kim from Sandhurst

Kim from Sandhurst Report 21 Jul 2003 17:38

virginia, Apparently there are no records available on line, but have spoken to a Dr Peter Thwaites at the RMA for you, and he said if you could write to him with the name of your grandfather he will look into the records for you, but they only really keep records of cadets, but there are a few "employees" records, so you may be lucky. Their open day is this Sunday 27th, you can go in the memorial & chapel rooms and also look in the central library, if you are interested. the address is: Dr Peter Thwaites Sandhurst RMAS Camberley Surrey GU15 4PQ Good luck Kim

Ginny

Ginny Report 22 Jul 2003 15:24

Thankyou so much Kim! Sadly I cannot attend the open day but I will certainly write to your chappy - Thanks again