Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1851 TO 1871 CENSUS

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Vikki Brace

Vikki Brace Report 17 Jul 2003 10:02

Can anyone help me. I need to find the 1851, 1861 and 1871 census, does anyone know if they are accessable online or can you buy them on CD. If not where are the records held

BrianW

BrianW Report 17 Jul 2003 10:15

Your local/County Records Office will almost certainly have copies on fiche.

Vikki Brace

Vikki Brace Report 17 Jul 2003 10:27

Hi Brian Will they hold records for the entire census of just for the area in which i live? vikki

Kim from Sandhurst

Kim from Sandhurst Report 17 Jul 2003 10:28

I don't know if this applies to all records offices, but mine only hold the census for the local area, which is Berkshire, whereas I am researching Durham, so I can't get any help from them. I had to travel to the Durham records office to check mine out. Kim Sandhurst

Kim from Sandhurst

Kim from Sandhurst Report 17 Jul 2003 10:30

whoops sorry vikki, you seem to had got to the reply before me, Yes they will should hold all the census for the area you live. Kim

June

June Report 17 Jul 2003 10:35

Vikki. If you have a Family History Centre near you, see if they can get them for you,the charge is something like £2.50 per month. June,Nr.Preston.Lancs