Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1891 census... look up please?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Janet

Janet Report 17 Jul 2003 14:40

Willie or willy wing age 19 in 1881 was a bootmaker, living 7 coopers gardens with parents George Wing age 60 and Emily Wing 63......wondered if he was still alive or married? many thanks would be grateful to see what marital status he was or where he was living, and even if his parents were alive. Also added below, done my stint on ancestry.com and just discovered new relations Regards Janet

Rachel

Rachel Report 17 Jul 2003 14:52

Hi There is a William C Wing (b.Cambridgeshire) aged 29 living as a lodger in Islington, london. At the moment the server is busy so I can't view the image - will try later. It gives his occupation as grocer's assistant so not sure if it is the one you are looking for- if no does it in the meantime I will have another look later.

Chris

Chris Report 17 Jul 2003 14:59

Rachael can you look up one for me please!! james turner born 1885 in blackburn thank you christine

Rachel

Rachel Report 17 Jul 2003 15:17

Christine, There are 2: Jim George Turner Head Alice wife James W son 14 b Blackburn Ada Florence (ages & occupations illegible) JW Turner lodger 16 servant (this was in Salesbury at ??? Hall Sorry, as I said the image server isn't working very well and not all the details are legible. Anyway hope that is of some help.

Janet

Janet Report 17 Jul 2003 16:14

thank u rachel think he was born in london either middlesex or bethnal green thank you

Chris

Chris Report 17 Jul 2003 21:05

Hi Rachael thanks alot your a star!!!!!! but the james i want would be 6 years old in 1891 if hes not on then maybe he wasnt born in blackburn , i just guessed that because thats were he was married Christine

Janet

Janet Report 18 Jul 2003 23:32

george wing and emily wing 7 coopers gardens bethnal green son was willie can anyone please look this up, understand 1891 is playing up but would be very grateful regards janet

Janet

Janet Report 19 Jul 2003 00:04

thank you rachel janet

Tracey

Tracey Report 19 Jul 2003 08:24

Hi There, Would some kind soul mind looking up a Henry Cartlidge/Cartledge please. He would be about 23 years old and born in Brereton, Cheshire. Thanks. Tracey, Bolton

Martin

Martin Report 19 Jul 2003 08:39

You can sometimes get some information free out of the ancester co uk site's 1891 census index. Do a search for a Fred Bloggs born in 1850. You might get a reply that there are five in England. Then limit the search to Lancashire and it could say that there are none in Lancashire - you now know he is not in Lancashire. If there were two in Lancashire then you could limit to different areas and eliminate some from your search. You don't get the full details but you can often either eliminate areas from your search or perhaps get a good idea where he might be. Of course there could be a transcription error! MB

April

April Report 19 Jul 2003 12:45

Hi Tracy There is Henry Cartlidge (lodger) married age 24 Railway Plate Layer,born Cheshire Brereton,living Monks Coppenhall, Crewe. Hope this is of help April

Tracey

Tracey Report 19 Jul 2003 12:53

April, Thanks for that! I had a free trial on ancestry but had to cancel it last week and this name only came to light yesterday so that will help.Glad there are lots people like you out there willing to help. Cheers! Tracey, Bolton