Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

does anyone know of a site in Australia like genes

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gabrielle

Gabrielle Report 17 Jul 2003 14:56

just to trace someone i am at a loose end dont no how to go about it can anyone help :O)

Joanne

Joanne Report 17 Jul 2003 16:33

Hi Gabrielle, I think Genesconnected is available worldwide isn't it? If you also try friends reunited, there is a section there for oversees schools. I found all my old school friends from Germany there. Hope this helps. Jo.

Colette

Colette Report 17 Jul 2003 17:47

Message on home page of GC says it is worldwide

Lauren

Lauren Report 17 Jul 2003 17:49

Friendsreunited has a site for Australia - link in the dropdown on right of their homepage. There is also a site called schoolfriends.com.au The genescon website is worldwide. You'll find that if you log on to the Aus site and search you'll view the same records as the UK site.

Lauren

Lauren Report 17 Jul 2003 17:49

Sorry dropdown is on LEFT of homepage.

June

June Report 17 Jul 2003 20:36

Hi Gabrielle, There are one or two from downunder who chat on the Members Board, may be worth taking a peep,its in the same group as the Tips Board. June,Nr.Preston.Lan.

Sarah

Sarah Report 17 Jul 2003 23:02

Thank you so much eveyone you ve been great :O)

Sarah

Sarah Report 17 Jul 2003 23:03

I am Gabrielle's Mother

Jennifer

Jennifer Report 20 Jul 2003 09:31

hi Gabrielle, there's a website called www.schoolfriends.com.au. It lists schools, work places, organisations, military units, all sorts of places. Very similiar to friendsunited. Regards, Jenny, North Queensland