Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

missing page on GC!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Helen

Helen Report 17 Jul 2003 21:33

Has anyone noticed that there is a page missing from the tips board? I only noticed as I was going to check if I had any responses to a message I posted earlier today. I couldn't find it even on previous messages and when I clicked on this I realised something didn't tally. At the bottom of the to date page the last date and time is 17/07/03 13.44 and when I clicked on previous messages, it jumps to 16/07/03 19.39. Oh where, oh where has my message gone?!! Helen, Maidenhead

Helen

Helen Report 17 Jul 2003 21:40

Now it jumping right back to 09/07/03. Is it just me or is anyone else experiencing problems. Helen

Debbie

Debbie Report 17 Jul 2003 21:59

I had this trouble a while back, there was wrong dates and wrong times, then all of a sudden it put itself right. there is probably a problem at their end. Debbie

Debbie

Debbie Report 17 Jul 2003 22:05

I have just checked for the famous support for margaret message, the last response on it was the 15th but it has disappeared perhaps she complained to gc and had it removed. was your message the unreadable records one if it is it`s just under this one. Debbie

George

George Report 17 Jul 2003 22:09

Well I posted a message a couple of weeks ago, next time I looked I had a couple of responses. Few days later when I tried to find the message again it had gone. Why it was removed I don't know. George

Donna

Donna Report 17 Jul 2003 22:30

Yep I noticed the missing page too Helen, not sure if theres an administrator or anything to report it too?

Crista

Crista Report 17 Jul 2003 22:32

All, This problem will be fixed in the next software release. I had an email from Estelle in support today. Crista

Crista

Crista Report 17 Jul 2003 22:40

If you want to get the missing messages you need to do the following. Look at the date and time of the oldest message and note it down. Select previous 40 messages and then look at the URL in the address bar at the top of the page. The last part of the URL should contain the date, then a %20 and then the time like this: date=16/07/2003%2012:11:22 Edit the date and time to be the same as the oldest message and hit enter. Hope that helps, Crista