Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

HELP WITH CERTS!!!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 19 Jul 2003 00:09

Its me again!! Got onto 1901 census last nite,paid £5 got wrong image,clicked suspend/resume,this morning nothing,also this evening - no credits left.Tonite logged on 1837 paid £5,got 3 lots of blanks,have reported image faults.It also gave me a window from Microsoft ActiveX gallery,which said "error Locating Object handler,possible location of viewer in Micorsoft ActiveX gallery.Can anyone advice me please as to what to do next?? Sorry to be a pain!! Jude (s.wales)

Graham

Graham Report 19 Jul 2003 06:39

You didn't say if you got any images from the 1837 site OTHER than blanks. If you did then that was bad luck -I've NEVER had a blank image from them (had a few grotty ones mind) and have spent over £100 with them. If the only images you got from them WERE blank then I would hazard a guess that the dejavu browser plugin isn't installed correctly. WHich browser do you use - is it Internet Explorer? I don't know how it might work with other browsers like Netscape etc. Graham

Unknown

Unknown Report 19 Jul 2003 09:41

Graham Thanks for reply - YEP all blanks,tried again this morning.I have Int Explorer, DJVU wont download,been through all the FAQ etc,no go. I have ADOBE Active share,would that do it?? I use it for photo's to send via email. Have copied BMD forms,so will have to ask via phone and post. Thanks again. Jude(s.wales)

Graham

Graham Report 19 Jul 2003 10:00

Clearlythe reason you're getting blanks is the lack of the plug-in. I can email you the djvu plug in if you wish but it is 2.5Mb. Graham

Unknown

Unknown Report 19 Jul 2003 11:38

Graham Have just checked space available - it says = space available on disk 1905.9mb is that enough??

Lynne

Lynne Report 19 Jul 2003 20:00

Judith I think what Graham means is that a 2.5mb file will take a while to download, unless you have broadband of course. Lynne

Unknown

Unknown Report 19 Jul 2003 23:16

Fanx Lynne, l thought l needed to make sure l had enough space!!(derrrr) Jude

Unknown

Unknown Report 19 Jul 2003 23:20

Graham Yes please, if you could download the DJVu thingy,do l need to be at puter,if so,in the morning would be better.No doubt l'll be peeping about 8am. Cheers Jude.