Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ancestry?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sue in Sx

Sue in Sx Report 19 Jul 2003 20:42

I know Ancestry has 1891 census but I beleive that it is not complete does anyone know whether Sussex and Kent are on it? Sue.

Gary

Gary Report 19 Jul 2003 20:51

Susan Yes they are - my main hunting area. In fact I also have the whole Kent 1891 census on CD. Do you want me to look anything up for you? Regards Gary

Julie

Julie Report 19 Jul 2003 20:58

Not all of the 1891 census has been indexed but I think you will find that there is some of all counties on there (does that make sense?). My experience was that I was able to find all but one of the families I was looking for in Lancashire. You can search the Indexes not yet done but you really need to know the district, parish and address, otherwise it could take you days! I found my missing family that way.

Sue in Sx

Sue in Sx Report 19 Jul 2003 21:17

Gary - Yes please! - I will send details to you directly. Sorry took time to reply I popped over to the guest book. Sue.