Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

That Old Brick Wall

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Terence

Terence Report 21 Jul 2003 13:42

I just cannot believe that after scrolling through 350+ entries on the LDS site, there is not a single Mary Blackburn living in Derbyshire in 1881. AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!

Diane

Diane Report 21 Jul 2003 13:47

Know how you feel! I have several large bumps on my head from hitting that same old wall..... Di

George

George Report 21 Jul 2003 14:26

There's these one's: Robert BLACKBURN Head M Male 27 Leicester, England General Laborer Mary BLACKBURN Wife M Female 28 Brownhills, Stafford, England Mary A. BLACKBURN Daur Female 10 m Derby, England -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Source Information: Dwelling The Village Census Place Willington, Derby, England George BLACKBURN Head M Male 43 Ilkeston, Derby, England Needle Maker Louisa BLACKBURN Wife M Female 53 Ilkeston, Derby, England Domestic Work Mary A.L. BLACKBURN Daur U Female 16 Ilkeston, Derby, England Domestic Work -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Source Information: Dwelling Rose Cottages Census Place Ilkeston, Derby, England Samuel BLACKBURN Head M Male 35 Thulston, Derby, England Builders Carpenter Sarah BLACKBURN Wife M Female 35 Borrowash, Derby, England William BLACKBURN Son U Male 14 Borrowash, Derby, England Domestic Servant (Errand Boy) Mary BLACKBURN Daur Female 12 Borrowash, Derby, England Scholar Eliza BLACKBURN Daur Female 8 Borrowash, Derby, England Scholar Thomas BLACKBURN Son Male 6 Borrowash, Derby, England Scholar Sarah L. BLACKBURN Daur Female 3 Borrowash, Derby, England Scholar Samuel BLACKBURN Son Male 1 Borrowash, Derby, England -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Source Information: Dwelling Ockbrook Rd (West Side) Census Place Ockbrook, Derby, England George

Terence

Terence Report 21 Jul 2003 14:38

Georgina, that was very kind of you. Unfortunately my Mary Blackburn was the mother of my G/Grandfather who was born in 1864. So I guess she would have been born around 1840(ish). My G/Grandfathers birth cert says her maiden name was Rennerd which is unusual, but I have searched that surname without success. Her husband was John (that helps a lot). I only have the birth cert to go on and as I live overseas, I can't physically carry out a search. Interestingly, where it says signature of father on the cert, it has - x the mark of John Blackburn, so I guess the poor guy was illiterate. If anyone out there can guide me in the right direction in respect of my G/G/Grandparents it would be much appreciated. Otherwise, pass me the sledgehammer for the wall !!! Terry - Gibraltar