Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help please. Ive hit a brick wall.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lisa

Lisa Report 21 Jul 2003 15:23

Hi, can anyone help me. Ive hit a brick wall and dont know what to do now. I have researched my family tree back to my gr gr grandfather on one side but cannot find anymore details. The details are as follows. William Mitchell had a son in 1902 in Leyshon Street, Pontypridd. He was married (or so I believe) to Margaret Ann Morgan who was james' mother. Any information would help. Index references, census records, anything at all. Thanks in anticipation.

Beryl

Beryl Report 21 Jul 2003 16:17

Lisa, Looks like you need to find the marriage of William and Margaret Ann and then get a copy of their marriage certificate, which will give you a lot more info. Have you tried the links to this site or the 1837 online (haven't tried that one myself but others have). Beryl

Lisa

Lisa Report 21 Jul 2003 16:35

Have tried 1837onine but as I dont have any idea of the dates of the marriage I keep coming up with blanks! Aaaargh. Its really frustrating when you feel like youve come to a dead end!

Mystified

Mystified Report 21 Jul 2003 17:44

Found 2 William Mitchell marriages, no clue as to wife though. You will have to look further Try Jun 1900 Bridgend 110a 1204 and Dec.1896 Swansea 11a 1395 May be a red herring though

Montmorency

Montmorency Report 21 Jul 2003 18:28

The age and birthplace of the eldest child might help to narrow down the search for the wedding. That info might be in the 1901 census, or even the 1891, if you can pick the right William. Before you look for him you'll need more clues, so you'll know you've got the right one when you find him. Age info is useful, if not always accurate, but the names of James's older siblings would be better Do you have any info on William's death? A death cert, gravestone or local newspaper notices might have useful info

Sue

Sue Report 21 Jul 2003 19:03

Lisa I think I may have found them, if his wife's name could be Maria. I searched using the 1901 decoder and came up with a William aged 35 at the time of the census and Maria was on the same page no. I'll email them to you just in case. Sue