Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1871 census

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

JessyG

JessyG Report 22 Jul 2003 08:18

Hi I need a look up on the 1871 census if anyone can do this for me. GEORGE GUTTERIDGE b1831 Rotherham ELIZABETH GUTTERIDGE b1832 Sheffield Most probably living in Rotherham. I want to know who their children were. I had most of their names but found out they may have had more. I know Sophia, Fanny and George are 3 of their children. Also if someone can have a quick look for GEORGE MORTON b1858 in Rotherham, id be grateful. I came to a brick wall on him and know the 1871 census might just give me that help. THANK YOU you are all the best if you can help me out here. Jessica

Stephen

Stephen Report 22 Jul 2003 11:52

I don't have the 1871 census but have you seen all the 1881 information. I will list it below in case you haven't got it. 61 Fitzwilliam Road Rotherham George and Elizabeth Gutteridge Children Fanny Age 23 George H Age 20 Mary Age 18 Ezra Age 16 Charlotte Age 13 Elizabeth Age 11 Rose Age 7 Living at 62 Fitzwilliam Road George Morton Wife Sophia age 24 Born Doncaster Daughter Bertha Age 11 months born Rotherham Is this Sophia Gutteridge ? Hope this helps if not sorry to have wasted your time. Stephen

JessyG

JessyG Report 22 Jul 2003 16:21

Thanks you got all that already. I've been on the IGI site and i think there maybe 2 other children who like sophia left home before 1881 and i wanna know if they are on the 1871 census first. Thanks anyway. Think i may have to buy the census from the local fhs. Jessica