Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Online Certificate Orders

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lynne

Lynne Report 23 Jul 2003 21:22

Please can someone tell me which site I need to order certificates from the GRO online. I know it was posted a while back but I can't remember and can't find the original message. Thanks. Lynne

Chris

Chris Report 23 Jul 2003 21:26

lynne if you go to the 1837 site you can get the link from there, iv ordered 4 and they all came within a week Christine

We're all crazy now

We're all crazy now Report 23 Jul 2003 21:32

Hi Lynne An earlier message says that 1837 is down at present. I ordered some certificates yesterday, I think it was on www.statistics(.)gov(.)uk (take out brackets). Jeannie

David_Vickers

David_Vickers Report 23 Jul 2003 21:40

Hi, Lynne, The full address for online certificate orders is www(.)col(.)statistics(.)gov(.)uk . 1837 Online say that they are down for essential maintenance and to check again on 24 July. Regards David Vickers

Lynne

Lynne Report 23 Jul 2003 22:02

Thanks for your help everyone, I've now ordered 3 certs and saved the site to my favourites. Lynne

Helen

Helen Report 23 Jul 2003 22:48

The on-line ordering seems much quicker than the telephone. I ordered a certificate on Friday and it arrived today

BrianW

BrianW Report 23 Jul 2003 23:21

I ordered online on Monday the 14th, it was despatched 1st class on Friday 18th, but due to our lousy postal service it didn't arrive until Monday 21st.