Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

little compton.tree search

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

*****me*****

*****me***** Report 24 Jul 2003 18:46

still looking for mary rouse: born little compton 1833,don't know husbands name,but i think she had five children,2died,3lived,one of wich was my great grandmother"carrie churchill"nee "rouse". any information "PLEASE"! christine glover.

Unknown

Unknown Report 25 Jul 2003 11:32

Hello Can you give me a lead - where is Little Compton? Linda

Unknown

Unknown Report 25 Jul 2003 11:43

Little Compton is in Warwickshire, close to the border with Oxfordshire. Between Moreton in the Marsh and Chipping Norton. It may in the past have been in Oxfordshire. There is a stone circle on the ridgeway nearby called the Rollright Stones. Jim Gosport, HAM UK

*****me*****

*****me***** Report 25 Jul 2003 12:58

jim was right,little compton is in warwickshire,was in gloustershire at one time.any clues on the family?

Gary

Gary Report 25 Jul 2003 13:12

Are you saying you cannot find her in the census's? Or you cannot find her birth? In 1881 she is on RG11/1521 Folio 21 Page 20. Her husbands name is there, how much searching have you done? In 1891 she is on RG12/2474 Folio 21 Page 6 Gary

*****me*****

*****me***** Report 25 Jul 2003 19:18

hi gary. thanks a lot,i have found it!now i can add it to my tree.