Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Census for Cov & Warks

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Laurie

Laurie Report 26 Jul 2003 01:37

Hi, Does anyone know how I can get hold of a census for Coventry & Nuneaton? Laurie

Martin

Martin Report 26 Jul 2003 07:44

What years? If you live in the area then the local library will probably have the censuses. If outside the area then a large reference library might have them. LDS Family History Centres will get any film/fiche requested and hold for a few weeks whilst you use it - they only charge a modest fee and the service is not restricted to members of the church. I posted a couple of URL's a few days ago which give a list of censuses on CD-ROM in answer to another query. Some censuses have been indexed so check the local FHS WWW site to see what is available (and check GENUKI for that area). Always try a WWW search, you sometimes find small areas have been transcribed and posted. If you are only interested in a small village and it has not been released on CD-ROM then it can sometimes be possible to buy the fiches direct from the PRO. Martin

Sally-Anne

Sally-Anne Report 26 Jul 2003 14:29

Hiya! I have the 1851 Coventry & Warwickshire census on CDROM and will happily do a lookup for you if this is the year you are interested in. Regards Sally, Coventry

Laurie

Laurie Report 26 Jul 2003 22:33

Thanks for that Martin. Sally would you be able to do a look up for Duffin in Coventry? No names in particular as yet. Thanks Laurie

Sally-Anne

Sally-Anne Report 26 Jul 2003 22:47

Hiya Laurie How Odd!? No Duffins listed for Coventry in 1851. Do you know of any alternative spellings? You have me intrigued now! Sally, Coventry

Laurie

Laurie Report 26 Jul 2003 23:04

Hi Sally, No I don't, what about Charlton? Laurie

Sally-Anne

Sally-Anne Report 26 Jul 2003 23:48

Yes! Got a few Charltons. If you want to email me directly I can send you an attachment back with the info on. Regards Sally,Coventry