Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Free trial

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Chris

Chris Report 26 Jul 2003 16:58

does anyone know if you get confirmation when you cancel the 14 day free trial on Ancestry? i canceled 2 days ago but have not heard anything, im now in a state of panic!! Christine

MaggyfromWestYorkshire

MaggyfromWestYorkshire Report 26 Jul 2003 17:19

Christine, I had an e-mail confirming that mine had been cancelled. Maggy

Chris

Chris Report 26 Jul 2003 17:24

Hi Maggie how long did you wait before they got back to you

Steph

Steph Report 26 Jul 2003 17:32

I was notified within 12 hours. I'd e-mail your cancellation again. Steph

We're all crazy now

We're all crazy now Report 26 Jul 2003 17:46

Hi Christine I have just emailed my cancellation to Ancestry, I added a read receipt request to it but I don't know if that makes a difference. I hope it works. Can you still access the information on the website? Jeannie

Chris

Chris Report 26 Jul 2003 17:51

yes! i still have access to it, help!!!!!!!! Iv sent them another e-mail hope it works

Lynne

Lynne Report 26 Jul 2003 18:05

I've just started my trial and I've stuck a post-it on my monitor to remind me to cancel on 10 August (3 days early so they don't charge). Hope it works! Lynne

Chris

Chris Report 26 Jul 2003 18:09

Hi Lynne My free trials up on tuesday, i cancelled 2 days ago, not had a reply back from them and i can still access it sent them another e-mail hope it works this time,

MaggyfromWestYorkshire

MaggyfromWestYorkshire Report 26 Jul 2003 18:31

Christine, I got my reply the same day that I cancelled. Maggy

Chris

Chris Report 26 Jul 2003 19:01

Elton Thanks for that Im more in a panic now than i were before, hope iv sent it to the right address!!!!!!!!

Catherine

Catherine Report 26 Jul 2003 19:05

I FORGOT TO CANCEL MINE.i ONLY REALIZED WHEN I GOT AN E MAIL FROM THEM THANKING ME FOR MY SUBSCRIPTION AND TELLING ME THAT 99 DOLLARS WOULD BE CHARGED TO MY BANK AVCCOUNT'PANIC'.I RANG THEM AND EXPLAINED.THEY INITIALLY TRIED OFFERING ME 15MONTHS FOR THE PRICE OF TWELVE BUT I TOLD THEM I COULD NOT AFFORD TO SUBSCRIBE AT THE MOMENT.THEY WERE VERY,VERY NICE ABOUT IT.THEY CANCELLED MY SUBSCRIPTION AND REFUNDED MY ACCOUNT AND WISHED ME' GOODDAY'. CATHERINE bIRMINGHAM

Chris

Chris Report 26 Jul 2003 19:17

WHO DID YOU RING CATHERINE WAS IT AMERICA?

Catherine

Catherine Report 26 Jul 2003 19:48

Yes Christine it was the usa number that they tell you to contact.If you are outside the U.K i think you put 00 before the number or 01.your operator will tell you and you can also enquire how much a minute your supplier charges to ring USA.It cost me less than £1 to call them.

Chris

Chris Report 26 Jul 2003 20:43

Catherine and Elton I will ring them on monday and yes i did use the e-mail address (cancel) will keep you posted Christine just got confirmation thanks everyone phewwwwwww