Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1891 look up

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Alison

Alison Report 29 Jul 2003 17:59

Could some kind soul out there look up Loisa Fox born 1882 in Birmingham on the 1891 census.She may have been in Birmingham or Stoke on Trent.Want to find her parents names.

Rachel

Rachel Report 29 Jul 2003 20:07

Hi Alison If you did mean Loisa there is only a Loisa Davis 9 living in Tamworth Staffs born in Wilnecote Warwickshire. Unfortunately it says that the image is missing so I cannot check who she is living with although it does say she is daughter to the head of household. Could her mother have been single or later remarried? Sorry this isn't much help.

Alison

Alison Report 30 Jul 2003 17:16

Yes I meant Louisa, sorry Im dyslexic.Ive just had a look at the 1901 and this Louisa is still with the same family where my Louisa is already in Stoke on trent in Longton.Was this the only Louisa born in Birmingham the census was taken on the 5th April 1991 so she would have been 9

Rachel

Rachel Report 30 Jul 2003 21:31

Hi Alison There are no 9 yr old Louisa Foxs born in Bham -sorry. I have also searched on soundex and for Louise but still no luck. I'll try again tomorrow if I have time. Rachel

Alison

Alison Report 31 Jul 2003 11:00

thanks everyone.Got her place of birth off her death cert but there are 6 Louisa Foxs born in 1882 in and around Birmingham on the bmd lists will just have to send for all the certs one by one.Wonder where they all went by 1891?