Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Married Cousins

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Heather

Heather Report 31 Jul 2003 12:23

help ! my Mum and Dad are cousins (my two grannies are sisters). I cannot get further down my family tree on this GenesReunited site as it won't "take" the info. Its a shame as I have thoroughly enjoyed doing this tree so far. Any ideas please?

Maxine

Maxine Report 31 Jul 2003 12:50

Hi There I know this has been a problem for a lot of people ( I suspect that my great great grandparents were cousins, although have not got their certificates yet to prove it). I have a pretty big tree and I must admit I am not prepared to let this mess it up!!!(fighting talk I know!) What I will do is rather than create the necessary "loop" I will simply add them twice and cross reference them in the text . Regards Maxine

Laura

Laura Report 31 Jul 2003 14:18

I had a similar problem. The support desk have added it to their list of things to do. They suggest you carry on with the line from one and add it as a note to the other. Does anyone know if there are any family tree programs that can cope with this?