Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1891 lookup

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

George

George Report 1 Aug 2003 17:33

Looking for this lot: Village Census Place: Escrick, York, England Source: FHL Film 1342143 PRO Ref RG11 Piece 4728 Folio 42 Page 19 Marr Age Sex Birthplace John T. SKILBECK M 43 M Hovingham, York, England Rel: Head Occ: Joiner Annie SKILBECK M 44 F Hovingham, York, England Rel: Wife William H. SKILBECK 20 M Stanington, Northumberland, England Rel: Son John G. SKILBECK 18 M York, York, England Rel: Son Jane E. SKILBECK 15 F Escrick, York, England Rel: Daur Annie L. SKILBECK 13 F Escrick, York, England Rel: Daur Mark SKILBECK 11 M Escrick, York, England Rel: Son Thank you George

George

George Report 1 Aug 2003 18:29

According to the 1901 census they should be in Escrick. George

George

George Report 1 Aug 2003 18:55

The details are what they should be in 1891. George

George

George Report 3 Aug 2003 11:27

did you find them? George

George

George Report 3 Aug 2003 13:30

Hi I've now discovered that there would have been a 7yr old daughter Rose, 5yr old Walter and a 3yr old called Arthur in the household so could you try those names. All born Escrick. Thank you George

George

George Report 3 Aug 2003 16:23

I want to scream, my ancestors seem to like evading me. I can only assume that their surname has been mistranscribed or they were missed off. George

George

George Report 3 Aug 2003 16:33

The only thing I can suggest is doing a first name search if its possible putting in something like Rose, aged 7/8yrs, b Escrick,Yorks And seeing what it comes up with. George

George

George Report 3 Aug 2003 16:41

Email received. I am certain that they were living in Yorkshire, most likely in Escrick. Thanks George

Unknown

Unknown Report 3 Aug 2003 21:27

Hi, Think I've found them - they were trancribed as SKELBECK. John Tindall Skilbeck age 43 b Hovingham, Carpenter His wife Annie age 44 b Hovingham Lillie age 13 b Escrick Mark age 11 b Escrick ? (female) age 8 b Escrick Walter age 5 b Escrick Arthur age 3 b Escrick Also found Ellen Jane Skilbeck age 16 b Escrick working as a servant for a family called Faulkner just a few houses down in Escrick Village. I found John George Skilbeck age 18 b York working as a footman at Morsby Hall Stillingfleet. Can't find William H tho. Sue

George

George Report 3 Aug 2003 21:31

Thats them Thank you so much George