Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Where do I go?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Valerie

Valerie Report 1 Aug 2003 20:42

My father died in 1957. His parantage is Irish. How do I go about trying to find out their full names as I only know my grandmother as Dolly. Also I am not sure if my father was born in Ireland or England. Can anyone help here. val

Valice in

Valice in Report 1 Aug 2003 20:54

How old was he when he died, to give an idea of birth date?

Valerie

Valerie Report 1 Aug 2003 21:19

Hello thanks for replying. My dad was aged 39 when he died his name was Frederick Dolan

Valice in

Valice in Report 1 Aug 2003 21:56

Looking at the GRO records for around 1918 either in your nearest Archive Library, or you could try this 1837 site that is often mentioned on here, go to the Links at the bottom of panel on the left, for a direct link. Hopefully he will have been born in England. Is there a marriage certificate in existance? if so that should give his fathers name and occupation

Valerie

Valerie Report 1 Aug 2003 22:07

I will try what you suggest Valerie. Thank you for the start I am only just starting my family tree and was at a loss just how to begin. Thank you once again. Val