Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1851 Census - West Riding Yorkshire

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Helen

Helen Report 2 Aug 2003 16:40

Hi I don't know if anyone can help at all but I am desperately trying to find my gt gt gt grandfather. His name was Matthew Butterworth and in 1840/41 he had a son called Frank. His occupation was a Woollen Manufacturer and I know he had definitely died by 1868. Any information would be very much appreciated. Kind regards Helen Strong, Berkshire

mab

mab Report 2 Aug 2003 17:18

Helen, I have the index to the 1851 WRY census. There are a very few Butterworths on it, but no Matthew. I don't know how complete the 1851 was, but there are many of my names I haven't found. Marian

Helen

Helen Report 3 Aug 2003 11:20

Dear Marian Thank you anyway for taking the time and trouble of looking for me - I really appreciate it. Perhaps he had already died! Time will tell! Best wishes Helen, Berkshire