Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

maybe he was adopted?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rosi

Rosi Report 3 Aug 2003 13:09

Hallo. Try as I might I cannot find the birth of Sainthill John Lindsey about 1844/1848. I have checked 1837 online, and have found a Sainthill Lindsey born 1846 in Bradninch, Devon (not mine) and a Senthell Lindsey, same year born in Islington- also not mine alas. Family legend has it that there were several children born to Sainthill J Lindseys parents, but sadly all of them died in infancy; with hindsight my sister and I suspect Cystic Fibrosis, but it was not heard of then. I don't know names of any of the children so cannot check baptisms - there were none that I have found at the church of the marriage. However - I am beginning wonder if Sainthill was an adopted son, as they were unable to have surviving children of their own? Does anyone know if there is anyway I can check this?

Rosi

Rosi Report 3 Aug 2003 13:53

Rose - thankyou. Will be intrigued if not delighted! As far as I know there is no connection with the Channel Islands, but...... Will go and check email now.

Rosi

Rosi Report 3 Aug 2003 15:12

Have just looked back through messages - am sure there have been 'finding adoptions' sites previously mentioned - but I cannot find them/it now. Can someone help please? Wouldn't a 'search' facility for these luvly boards be good! Rosi