Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Turnbull family from Kensington - census lookup ne

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 3 Aug 2003 14:01

I have been given a load of dates from a prayer book for Turnbulls in Kensington born between 1837 and 1853. They are Mary Ann 1837, Alfred 1839, Emma 1842, Harriet 1845, Frances 1847, Louisa 1850 and Eliza 1853. Trouble is, I can find very little information on them other than Alfred and possibly Louisa. Anyone able to look them up in early censuses for parents details etc? Also my gr-grandmother was Frances Turnbull, born I think about 1879. I have found her in 1881 and 1891, but I have no idea who her mother was (I think she was a single mum)

George

George Report 3 Aug 2003 14:09

Hi This might be Harriett: Thoma THOMPSON Head M Male 40 Westminster Horse Keeper Harriett THOMPSON Wife M Female 36 Kensington Alice THOMPSON Dau U Female 17 Paddington School Edward THOMPSON Son U Male 13 Islington School Arthur THOMPSON Son U Male 5 Islington School Herbert THOMPSON Son U Male 1 Islington School -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Source Information: Dwelling 15B Beaconsfield Buildings Census Place London, Middlesex, England You'd have to prove it by finding the marriage. George

Unknown

Unknown Report 3 Aug 2003 14:34

Thanks George I'll check it out. Sue