Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

problem with 1837 online site?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julie

Julie Report 5 Aug 2003 20:56

Hi ,having problems getting the images on the 1837 online site.my djvu seems to be installed correctly as i can get most images others nothing happens.all i get are the control panels at the top.1871 which is where my gr grandfather is hidden(i think).Has anyne any suggestions please. Thanks Julie. ps.I forgot to say i`m being charged for each blank page.

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Aug 2003 21:00

Julie You can report the blanks.There is a sign that says blank forms or something simular,click on that and answer the next set of questions.You may get credited or something.This happened to me,although it was the DJVU which l had'nt installed properly.It took a couple of days before l got a reply from them.Good luck. Jude

Elaine

Elaine Report 6 Aug 2003 15:29

Hi Julie,have just come on site and saw your message.I had problems with site every three mins it kept telling me computer was idle for 30mins,couldn't be bothered to wait for them to reply to email so I phoned them and smashing bloke sorted it out,I had a prob with my cookies apparently!!don't we all!!!.So I would suggest you give them a ring they're open till 5pm,it's 020 7608 3160 and the bloke is Tom Gribben or Griffin.Hope that helps,good luck,Regards to you all,Elaine

Julie

Julie Report 6 Aug 2003 20:55

Thanks Judith and Elaine,it`s nice to know it`s not only me having these problems.I`ve checked the djvu and it seems to be alright.I`ll phone that Gribbins fella tomorrow and see what he says. I reckon it`s my greatgrandfather hiding again.He just doesn`t want to be found.He`s totaly vanished from the 1901 and 1881 censuses.But i won`t give up. Thanks again for you help. Julie

JillGr

JillGr Report 6 Aug 2003 22:07

If you have something like free surfer anti pop up, make sure it is disabled otherwise 1837 will not work.