Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help!! Can someone do me an 1891 Census look up pl

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rosemary

Rosemary Report 16 Aug 2003 16:55

I have been trying to find my Grandmother's family on the 1901 Census without any luck, so I was hoping someone could find them on the 1891 Census. The Name is Bissell In 1881 they lived at 77 Cranham Road Rotherhithe' Thomas Bissell was a Gunmaker and had his own Gun Factory at 75 Cranham Road, His wife was Sarah Jane, at the time my G.Mother was aged 9/10 she was bornon June 18th 1881 Registration District St Olave Southwark. I would be grateful for any help. Thanks Rosemary

Rosemary

Rosemary Report 16 Aug 2003 18:26

Hi Lynda, Thomas would have been 62 and Sarah 52 I do know that Thomas died when my Grandmother was young but unfortunately I don't know when, as far as I know my Grandmother lived with her mother until she was 29, making Sarah about 70. Thanks Rosemary

Rosemary

Rosemary Report 16 Aug 2003 18:30

Sorry Folks, I forgot to mention my Grandmother's name was Rose Amelia Bissell, it helps if I give all the information. Rosemary

Rosemary

Rosemary Report 16 Aug 2003 22:05

Hi Rosemary Thanks for trying to find the information. I am wondering if there is a possibility that My Grandmother's family was perhaps living abroad for sometime, that is the only explaination as the family do not appear in the 1891 or 1901 Census although they were in the 1881 Census. Thanks again. Rosemary

April

April Report 16 Aug 2003 22:44

THink this is them, they had been transcribed as Bessell but on the original it is definetly Bissell Thomas 62 gunmaker born london St Brickes? Sarah 52 peckham THomas w 29 gunmaker st olaves Florence w 25 " Ada 22 " Sarah 19 " Walter 18 gunmaker " Rose A 9 Rotherhithe the address is 98 Hollydale Road Camberwell April

Rosemary

Rosemary Report 17 Aug 2003 11:21

Hi April Thank you very much for finding the information for me. Let me know if I can help you at any time. Thanks once again. Thanks also to Lynda and Rosemary for trying to help,also if either of you need any help shout. Rosemary