Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1891 look Northamptonshire

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mary

Mary Report 22 Aug 2003 13:10

My grandmother Esther Harriett Barnett was born in either Wellingborough or Kettering, Northants in 1889 or1890. There is doubt about her parentage in 1901 census she is classed as grandaughter to James Barnett andthey had moved from Hargrave,Northants to Knotting Beds. Can anyone help please. I'm quite new to all this.

Heather

Heather Report 22 Aug 2003 14:00

Sorry but shes still listed in 1891 as granddaughter as follows: James Barnett - Head - 56 Shepherd Conna - wife Eliza Jane - 25 dressmaker Charles Frederick 23 shoemaker William Thomas - 18 ag lab John George 16 ag lab Walter James 12 Alice Louisa 12 Mabel Annie 10 Ralph William 4 grandson Esther Harriett 5 mths granddaughter i suspect that one of the daughters is the mother of these two living at Harris' 2nd Farm House Newton Bromswold Northants hevi

Charles

Charles Report 22 Aug 2003 19:34

Mary, I live very close to both Knotting and Newton Bromswold and although it's probably no help at the moment if you ever need churchyards checked for memorials or photographs etc just let me know. Charles

Sidami

Sidami Report 22 Aug 2003 19:56

Hi Mary, Welcome to the board From Sue........

Janet

Janet Report 22 Aug 2003 23:47

Charles. Where abouts do you live? I'm only a couple of miles from Hargrave, Northants. Janet. Northamptonshire

Charles

Charles Report 23 Aug 2003 08:41

Janet, I am on the A6 a couple of miles south of Rushden. Charles

Janet

Janet Report 23 Aug 2003 09:56

Charles We're not far away from each other then! I'm about 6 miles away from you, just off the A45, just over a mile away from Raunds. Small world, isn't it? Janet Northamptonshire

Charles

Charles Report 23 Aug 2003 11:17

Yes Janet, it certainly is. I have friends in Stanwick so I know the village quite well. Hope you are having more success with your searches than I am. Regards, Charles

Mary

Mary Report 23 Aug 2003 12:48

Thanks a lot - certainly filled a gap between when the family lived at Hargrave and then moved to Knotting. (Think I sent you two messages - bit new to all this!)

Mary

Mary Report 23 Aug 2003 12:51

Charles - anything you can find out on the Barnett family from the area of Knotting and Newton Bromsweld I'd be grateful for. Living in Lincolnshire now it's not an easy task to check these things out. Thanks

Charles

Charles Report 23 Aug 2003 16:04

Mary, an email is on it's way to you. Hope it is some help. Charles