Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1891 census look up please and thank you!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Cazziemc

Cazziemc Report 22 Aug 2003 17:50

Hello, could some kind person possibly look up the following for me: John (also known as James) Clarke (Clark), born approximately 1840, should be living in Salford, Manchester, occupation Mule Spinner, wife possibly Sarah. Thank you all again. Best wishes Carol x

Unknown

Unknown Report 22 Aug 2003 21:11

Household Record 1881 British Census Search results | Download Previous Household Next Household -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Household: Name Relation Marital Status Gender Age Birthplace Occupation Disability John CLARK Head M Male 42 Manchester, Lancashire, England Rope Spinner (Mkr) Elizabeth Sarah CLARK Wife M Female 42 Staleybridge, Lancashire, England Adalade CLARK Daughter U Female 13 Manchester, Lancashire, England Scholer Elizabeth Ann CLARK Daughter U Female 8 Salford, Lancashire, England Scholer Eliza CLARK Daughter U Female 5 Salford, Lancashire, England Scholer John CLARK Son U Male 2 Salford, Lancashire, England Scholer -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Source Information: Dwelling 7 Branson St Census Place Salford, Lancashire, England Family History Library Film 1341949 Public Records Office Reference RG11 Piece / Folio 3974 / 67 Page Number 20 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- © 1999-2002 by Intellectual Reserve, Inc. All rights reserved. English approval: 3/1999 Use of this site constitutes your acceptance of these Conditions of Use (last updated: 3/22/1999). Privacy Policy (last updated: 10/12/2001). 28 http://www.familysearch.org v.2.5.0 I realise you asked for 1891 census, but it is not 'playing' tonight. Is this the family you are wanting though, so I can check when Ancestry stop moving the goalposts Hazel

Unknown

Unknown Report 23 Aug 2003 12:43

Sorry, can't find them on 1891 Census although there is a John Clark, born Manchester aged 52 listed as a pedlar in lodgings in Cockermouth, cumberland. Let me know if you need further help Hazel

Cazziemc

Cazziemc Report 24 Aug 2003 19:41

Thank you Hazel. Not sure if the 1881's are mine or not. Wonder where they went for 1891? Nothing is easy in this game is it!! Once again, thanks for your time and help. Carol