Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1861 Norfolk Census

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

George

George Report 23 Aug 2003 15:04

Hi Has anyone got the above census and could lookup John 52yrs & Susan Lake 55yrs with children John,Thomas,William,Alexander,Maria,Susan,Edward,Alexander. They will be living in Wells by the sea. Thanks George

George

George Report 15 Sep 2003 21:51

anyone

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 16 Sep 2003 08:46

Hi George,I have had the norfolk 61 census CDs on order since January but they have still not been released.Will let you know when they do eventually arrive. Liz.

Charles

Charles Report 16 Sep 2003 17:33

George, it may not be of interest to you, or you may already know, but just in case here goes anyway. The 1851 census for Holkham Hall shows an ELISA LAKE a single 30 year old house maid who was born in Wells next the Sea.

George

George Report 16 Sep 2003 20:23

Thanks Charles, I did'nt know about her so will note it down. George

Charles

Charles Report 17 Sep 2003 17:21

George, further to my last posting I have just come across one of my ancestors,Richard Clarke, marrying Eliza Lake in Holkham in 1861. They had a son Charles in 1862. If you come across the name CLARK(E)in your tree I would be interested. Charles.

George

George Report 17 Sep 2003 18:55

well as I have'nt investigated the background of John snr b 1809 I can't confirm any connection but she may well be a niece of his. Actually email info to me direct as otherwise it'll get lost on the board. George

George

George Report 13 Oct 2003 20:05

nudge

George

George Report 16 Oct 2003 18:49

up

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 16 Oct 2003 19:03

Hi George, In case you still don't get any response the LDS have filmed the census you need. Wells next the Sea in on film 542783. You can order it at any LDS centre for a small fee. Hope this helps, Gwynne